Bellies to Babies – A free program for women or families seeking information, resources, services, support or community referrals during pregnancy & the first six months of parenthood. Group drop-in program held Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and includes supper, child minding and limited transportation. Visits in the family home or a community location provided by appointment with outreach staff.
Address: Kimberley Early Learning Centre 1850 Warren Ave
Phone: 1-855-589-5011 (toll free)
Contact: Jenn Betts, Outreach Worker 250 427-6584 (call or text)
Contact: Pat Chisholm, Program
Current CBAL Family Programs: (operating based on the school calendar)
- Baby Steps: Drop in program for caregivers and children walking to 18 months.
- Thursdays 9:30 a.m.– 10:45 a.m.
- Baby Goose: Drop in program for caregivers and children birth to walking.
- Thursdays 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- StrongStart: birth to 5 years.
- Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Weds Family Night Supper 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (5:00 p.m. dinner).
Good Food Basket
- Registration to families with at least 1 child under 6 for a box of 10 essential groceries.
- A family may only register with $10 in cash and will need to agree to provide a phone number for contact.
- Families may only register up until the last Thursday of each month.
- 18 boxes distributed between StrongStart, 1st Steps Day Care, Second Steps Day Care and the Kimberley Independent School.
- Each family must pick up box on the last Saturday of each month at Kimberley Fellowship Baptist Church from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. (winter hours) – no later.
Free workshops on a variety of general parenting topics are offered at the Kimberley Early Learning Center. Childcare and refreshments are provided. Transportation support is available. Must register.
Offered in partnership with CBAL, FRP and CAPC.
Contact: Diana Card
For information about these workshops click here.
Preschool Speech and Language Therapy Services – Free speech and language consultation or therapy is available for any family with children from birth to Kindergarten entry who are concerned about their child’s communication development. Parents or anyone working with a child can make a referral.
Fee: No Cost
Contact: Kayle Towsley, Registered Speech-Language Pathologist
Families with children aged 0-5 are invited to the Early Learning Centre gym to enjoy play for parents and kids. Share the fun with other families, find resources, and meet visitors from community programs at this free drop-in program. Offered in partnership with StrongStart.
Date/Time: Tuesdays 9:00 – 10:00 in StrongStart room; 10:00 – 12:00 in gym
Address: Kimberley Early Learning Centre, 1850 Warren Ave
Contact: Cheslie Tierney
Additional Community Services Include:
East Kootenay Child Care Resource and Referral
Supporting families with child care referrals, child care subsidy information
Please ask about our Toy Lending Library and Crafty Creations craft store
Address: 20B 12 Avenue North Cranbrook BC
Telephone: 1-800-661-2445 or 1-250-426-5677
Friends of Children – 1-866-564-2217 or 250 420-1759 email@example.com Providing financial assistance to East Kootenay families with children experiencing extraordinary medical need. Expenses for travelling to medical services or for equipment to improve the overall health of a child will be considered for funding. For more information www.friendsofchildren.ca
Ages & Stages Project
Parents of preschoolers are invited to complete the Ages & Stages Questionnaires. Have fun while learning about your child’s development: celebrate your child’s strengths; learn ideas & activities to support next steps; if you have concerns, receive helpful resources. This project is provided by the Kimberley Early Years Team.
Contact: Chelsie Tierney, Project Coordinator